Come on a journey of taste with Birchall and discover decaffeinated tea beyond the ordinary. Our famous breakfast blend Great Rift Decaf is strong, delicious and bursting with full flavour. This supreme breakfast blend captures the freshness and delicious taste of East Africa and Kenya’s Great Rift Valley, one of the most renowned tea-growing regions in the world. The high altitude, lush volcanic soil and heavy rainfall of this equatorial area combine to create the perfect set of conditions for producing tea of unparalleled flavour. All our teas are fully Rainforest Alliance Certified™ and produced in our 100% solar powered factory in Wiltshire using biodegradable tea bags.
Why East Africa Produces The Best Breakfast Tea
We consider our signature black teas to be truly special and unique in the tea world and we’d like to tell you why. The black teas we use for our breakfast tea are all sourced exclusively from the finest tea estates across East Africa, from Rwanda through to the Great Rift Valley in Kenya; this is generally considered to be where the very best teas are to be found. This equatorial region’s altitude, high rainfall and rich volcanic soil provide the ideal conditions that are integral to growing tea of unparalleled flavour and taste.
The geography and climate of the area where this tea is grown makes it uniquely placed to produce black tea of unparalleled flavour and taste. This equatorial region’s altitude of 1460-4500 metres above sea level, high rainfall and volcanoes along the Congo-Nile Crest provide the ideal conditions and rich soil that are integral to growing outstanding tea.
The tea bushes grow high above sea level, at a slower rate, where the temperature is relatively low, developing greater flavour before they are individually hand picked. The estate provides valuable jobs for people in the area and also runs a co-operative for over 2600 farmers. Ingredients: This breakfast blend includes:
- Black Tea (100%)*
* Caffeine content less than 0.2%
* Rainforest Alliance Certified™ (Minimum Certified Content 30%)
Read more about our decaffeination process here.Weight – 250g.
- Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes
- Recommended Brew Temperature: 100°C
- Serving Advice: Enjoy with milk
- Storage Advice: Store in a cool, dry place away from strong aromas
- For best results use BRITA filtered water
Let’s do our bit for the Planet
We need you to help us make sure our packaging ends up where it needs to be. Once you have finished with this product, please separate as follows:-
• BOX | Please recycle this carton
• WRAP | Made from renewable cellulose, certified industrial and home compostable | Please dispose of in your food waste bin
• PLANT-BASED EVERYDAY TEA BAGS | Made from biodegradable plant starch, industrially compostable | Please dispose of in your food waste bin