This tea is Rainforest Alliance Certified™ and 100% Carbon Neutral. What’s more, in case you’re looking for Plastic-Free Tea Bags, it now contains biodegradable Plant-Based Tea Bags that can be industrially composted. For full information about Sustainability and this product’s packaging please see below
Why East Africa Produces The Best Black Teas
We consider our signature black teas to be truly special and unique in the tea world and we’d like to tell you why. Our black teas are all sourced exclusively from the finest tea estates across East Africa, from Rwanda through to the Great Rift Valley in Kenya; this is generally considered to be where the very best teas are to be found. This equatorial region’s altitude, high rainfall and rich volcanic soil provide the ideal conditions that are integral to growing tea of unparalleled flavour and taste.
The geography and climate of the area where this tea is grown makes it uniquely placed to produce black tea of unparalleled flavour and taste. This equatorial region’s altitude of 1460-4500 metres above sea level, high rainfall and volcanoes along the Congo-Nile Crest provide the ideal conditions and rich soil that are integral to growing outstanding tea.
The tea bushes grow high above sea level, at a slower rate, where the temperature is relatively low, developing greater flavour before they are individually hand picked.
Ingredients: This 2 cup breakfast blend includes:
- Black Tea (100%)*
- Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes
- Recommended Brew Temperature: 100°C
- Serving Advice: Enjoy with milk
- Storage Advice: Store in a cool, dry place away from strong aromas
- For best results use BRITA filtered water
Sustainability:Let’s do our bit for the Planet
We need you to help us make sure our packaging ends up where it needs to be. Once you have finished with this product, please separate as follows:-
• BOX | Made from responsibly sourced, FSC-certified board | Please recycle this carton
• INNER BAG | Made from renewable cellulose, certified industrial and home compostable | Please dispose of in your food waste bin*
• PLANT-BASED PRISM™ TEA BAGS | Made from biodegradable plant starch, industrially compostable | Please dispose of in your food waste bin*
* Check local collection